Oct 23, 2008

24 weeks pregnant - 6 month mark! YAHHHH...Third tri-mester here we come!

Your fetus weighs more than 600 grams. Though she still has little body fat and her skin is thin and fragile, she's now well-proportioned. Her brain is growing rapidly, and she is starting to fill the space in your uterus. From crown to heel she could measure 30 centimetres. If you went into labour at this time, however, many obstetricians and midwives would make every effort to halt the progress of premature labour to enable your baby to continue maturing. You may be noticing faint, red or brown streaks known as striae or stretch marks on your abdomen, hips and breasts. While creams won't erase them, wearing a supportive bra may help prevent or minimise them on your breasts. They are very common at this stage of the pregnancy -- about 90 per cent of women get them. After you've given birth, the reddish or brown pigmentation in the stretch marks gradually fades, and the streaks become lighter than the surrounding skin.
No stretchy's yet thank goodness!!

Hi all!
Well lots has been happening! in the last weeks of studying Cert 4 in Fitness at TAFE. Enjoying it but its a big toll on the body when your 6mths pregnant, work full time and study part time. So Il be happy to finish it!
Hubbys 31st birthday tomorrow the 24th Oct....god bless him...hes a good hard working man..LOVE YA BABE.
And here is a photo of Vivienne I promised you all... She won the WNBF Ms Fit Championships and off to New York in Nov...Im so proud of her! On the left is another good friend Kerry Ware who placed 4th.....YOUR AWESOME KERRY!

Anyways back to work and study...more updates soon!

2 comments:

little rene said...

Hey Jaime Lee!
At the six month mark! Awesome! It is a special time I think. You look and feel pregnant and it is wonderful!
In regards to stretch marks, I didn't get any and I think that there are a few things that yo can do to minimise or prevent them so here are my tips:

Drink HEAPS of water.
Use Bio Oil all the time.
Don't do any "bouncy" exercise like running etc. It makes sense that your skin will tear if it is traumatised.
Try not to gain too much excess weight.
Wear a Belly Bra! I am totally convinced that in the later stages of pregnancy this prevented me from getting any stretchies. From about 8 months I wore one day and night. It holds your belly up and supports it so that the skin doesn't have to work so hard.
Take a skin supplement.

Anyway it worked for me and I know how much my girlfriends who weren't so lucky hated the damage to their skin so anything is worth trying I guess?

Stay happy pregnant girl :)

Andrea said...

Hi Jaime-Lee - how great is it getting to the six month point!
You need to post ap ic of your belly chicky babe!
I don't have any stretch marks on my belly yet but I think I may have some on my boobs. So ugly!
I have been using bio oil but I'm not really sure if it makes any difference! I should use it more than I do.
I just found the pics by looking in google images. I have red curtains in my nursery so I needed something that would go with them.
Nautical/Red white and blue was the first thing that came to mind.
Andjxx